By Ron Walsh.
About 18 months ago we initiated a strategic exit strategy for a major client with operations in four countries. The process was multi-faceted including selecting and working with an appropriate broker, coordinating with solicitors in Canada and other countries, preparing financial analysis, financial reports, assisting with marketing strategies, evaluating offers, and developing a tax effective sale structure which complimented the buyer’s structure. The sale closed in October with a price reflecting a high multiple of EBITDA.
Our ability to strategize, assemble and appropriate team, coordinate the efforts of multiple professionals, provide ongoing counsel to the owners and senior management, and overcome obstacles to completion is a significant factor in closing complex cross-border business sales.
Posted in Success Stories
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Industry News
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2019 Tax Year
- Walsh King
- Walsh King Company Culture
- Walsh King News
- Getting the Most out of a Business Purchase or Sale
- What I Learned During My First Three Months as an Articling Student
- Why Due Diligence Matters When Buying a Business
- A FEW FACTS ABOUT THE B.C. FILM INDUSTRY
- What the Employer Health Tax Means for Your Business
- 10 Study Tips for Surviving the Common Final Examination