The government presented a new budget on February 21, 2017. This is the 5th year in which the government has provided a balanced budget reflecting the strong economic performance of British Columbia.
There were no significant changes in tax rates. Some minor increases apply to the personal tax on ordinary dividends and there has been a minor reduction in the corporate tax rate for small businesses.
Read the Budget and Fiscal Plan HERE.
Watch Finance Minister Michael de Jong’s presentation:
Posted in Tax Legislation
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Film & Television
- Industry News
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2019 Tax Year
- Walsh King
- Walsh King Company Culture
- Walsh King News
- The Value of a Business Valuation
- Selling a Business Is an Important Decision – Do You Know the Tax Implications?
- What You Need to Know About Canadian and B.C. Film Tax Credits
- Partner Kevin Walsh Set to Speak at Exit This Way – Sell Your Business With Confidence
- What You Need to Know About Construction Management System Implementation or Upgrade
- THE FILM PRODUCTION LIFE CYCLE