By Jeff Brocklebank.
The Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (“IIROC”) is the national self-regulatory organization which oversees its investment dealer members. IIROC’s responsibilities include determining which accounting firms are appropriately qualified to audit the financial statements and regulatory filings investment dealers.
Walsh King is one of a small number (20) of CPA firms who have been qualified by IIROC. The list of qualified auditors can be found here.
Jeff Brocklebank holds the title of Panel Auditor for Walsh King. On October 5th Jeff and his fellow Panel Auditors will meet for the IIROC’s Annual Compliance Conference. Their work ensures that we have an effective and efficient regulatory model that serves the public interest.
The majority of approved auditors are large international, national or regional firms. IIROC is a very demanding regulatory organization with very high expectations for audit quality and standards. On a regular basis, IIROC audits the work of each Panel Auditor. Our long-standing appointment as a Panel Auditor is evidence that our competence in assurance services has been independently verified.
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Film & Television
- Industry News
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2019 Tax Year
- Walsh King
- Walsh King Company Culture
- Walsh King News
- The Benefits of Working at a Midsize Firm
- Waiting for CFE Results? Here’s How to Manage Your Stress
- A Steady Hand: Let Walsh King Be Your Temporary Controller
- The Value of a Business Valuation
- Selling a Business Is an Important Decision – Do You Know the Tax Implications?
- What You Need to Know About Canadian and B.C. Film Tax Credits