The B.C. education tax credit has been eliminated as of 2019 however, it remains available to taxpayers for the 2018 taxation year. Unused education credit amounts carried forward from years prior to 2019 will remain available to be claimed in 2019 and in subsequent years.
The federal education and textbook tax credits were eliminated in 2017.
Posted in Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Film & Television
- Industry News
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2019 Tax Year
- Walsh King
- Walsh King Company Culture
- Walsh King News
- The Benefits of Working at a Midsize Firm
- Waiting for CFE Results? Here’s How to Manage Your Stress
- A Steady Hand: Let Walsh King Be Your Temporary Controller
- The Value of a Business Valuation
- Selling a Business Is an Important Decision – Do You Know the Tax Implications?
- What You Need to Know About Canadian and B.C. Film Tax Credits