Walsh King LLP is seeking an experienced Tax Manager to join our tax practice in Downtown Vancouver.
We are an independent mid-sized CPA firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our tax and business advisory group enjoys an excellent reputation for being effective in all tax and business matters affecting privately owned businesses and ultra-high net worth families.
As a key member of our Tax Group, the Tax Manager will direct and control engagements, work directly with clients and partners to develop and maintain relationships, provide tax compliance expertise, and provide leadership to the staff.
The ideal candidate will have solid tax compliance and public practice tax experience. This is anexcellent opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for growth and superior tax mentorship with a reputable firm.
- Provide tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts;
- Advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies and compliance issues;
- Research and analyze a wide variety of tax issues;
- Prepare, review and advise on complex corporate, personal and trust tax returns;
- Assist in training and development of junior staff members of the tax group;
- Assist with client management and foster excellent relationships with clients and initiate business development opportunities.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified CPA with a minimum of 3 years of Canadian tax experience in a CPA accounting firm;
- Completion of the In-depth Tax course or in final stages (highly preferred);
- Strong technical and research skills with the ability to adapt tax strategies to unique circumstances;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Superior organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service;
- Continually focus on developing leadership skills.
WHY WORK AT WALSH KING?
This is an opportunity to work with like-minded individuals who support career development. The position provides an exceptional opportunity for career advancement in a rewarding and flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Flex days
- A fitness allowance
- Participation in our mentorship and development program
- Continued professional development
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].