Forward-thinking, reliable and a good listener, a tax professional with strengths in tax planning for corporations, trusts and estates, and limited partnerships.
I enjoy working closely with business owners and becoming a part of their growth and success team. Entrepreneurs are unconventional thinkers, that is a strength in my view, and I like the challenge of providing creative options to solve their tax problems and address their business issues that are outside of the traditional tax and accounting realm.
Detail-oriented and a skilled communicator, I advise on strategic tax planning and compliance issues related to corporate reorganizations, trust and estate planning, management buyouts and ownership transition for private businesses. My expertise lies in the areas of acquisitions and sales of business, estates and trusts, and the preservation of wealth through strategic tax planning.
I work with clients from a wide range of sectors including real estate development, manufacturing, transportation, technology, and biotechnology. My experience includes working in the tax group of a multinational accounting firm where I focused on mining and natural resource entities.
My dedication to growth and technical learning has afforded me the opportunity to present at the Canadian Tax Foundation’s British Columbia Tax Conference, GGI Geneva Group International conferences, and at large-scale client seminars with legal and finance professionals to provide educational opportunities for clients contemplating buying or selling a business.
Outside the Office:
Proud dad and motorcycle enthusiast.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (Chartered Accountant -2006)
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax course (Levels I and II)
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Issues for the Owner-Managed Business Course
- CPA Canada Corporate Reorganizations Course
- Diploma, Advanced Accounting, BCIT 2003
- BA, Political Science, UBC 2001
- While it is important to establish the background, details and parameters of any transaction you are working on, it is also important to be able to anticipate issues so that you can provide proactive advice. We do both well.
- Play to your strengths and don’t try to do everything yourself. Rely on professionals (legal, financial, accounting) to help you.
- Get good tax advice from a firm that has experience dealing with private entities and entrepreneurs and plan for your taxes.
- Film, Television, and Entertainment
- High Net Worth Families
- Investment Dealers
- Logistics and Transportation
- Manufacturing, Wholesale, and Distribution
- Real Estate Development, Syndication and Construction